What do you think about gadgets? Do you like them because they make your life easier or dislike them because they make things more complicated? Whatever your stance on gadgets, here are five of them that forever has changed the world in which we live.
Gadgets are Our Friends
1. Kids of all ages and adult kids at heart enjoy video gaming systems. With its sleek joystick, Atari first pioneered the gaming system in 1972. Since then, we have enjoyed Nintendo, XBox, Playstation and have discovered countless ways to keep ourselves occupied for hours upon hours at a time with the like. Just why do we flock to video games? It’s simple: they are electronic games played by means of images on a video screen and often emphasize fast action. Many relish video games because they provide a creative escape from the norm. Others play games for entertainment purposes. What’s more, games can be as wholesome as Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster or as gritty as Grand Theft Auto.
2. Either sliced, diced or eaten whole, apples are a favorite fruit of many. But, Apple products are hard to put into just one category; the iPad, iPhone and iPod are major players in the game and definitely are a force to be reckoned with. The company boasts an impressive stream of fully functional products. It also delivers products on a worldwide scale through its online stores, retail stores and direct sales force. We can’t forget about them being available through third-party cellular network carriers, retailers, wholesalers and value-added resellers. And, in March 2013, the company acquired WiFiSlam, which makes mapping applications for smart phones. What’s your favorite ‘i’ product?
3. Alt, Control, Delete. The computer once was unheard of in households and was reserved for use in corporation-like settings. This no longer is the case; today it’s the exact opposite. Whether you prefer to complete keystrokes on a Mac or PC, the computer offers a direct link to the outside world. With new programs and Web sites being developed on a daily basis, the ‘Information Age’ never has been more interesting than it is today. What gadget followed the computer? The highly efficient laptop, of course.
4. T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon are just a smattering of companies that offer cell phones. Whether you prefer the term mobile or cell phone, these devices have revolutionized how we communicate with others. These gadgets can do many things, such as provide a weather update or allow us direct access to our email and social media accounts. Be it staying connected to family and friends or for work purposes, cell phones are a must-have in this day and age.
5. Where would we be without the GPS? As a matter of fact, GPS stands for global positioning system. It is a satellite-based navigation system comprised of a network of 24 satellites, placed into orbit by the U.S. Department of Defense. GPS originally was intended for military applications only, but in the 1980s, the government made the system available for our purposes, too. The best part is that GPS works in any weather condition, anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Plus, there are no subscription fees or setup charges to use this system.
More in Store
Because of newly developed gadgets, we live in a totally different world, than let’s say 20 years’ ago. As technology continues to change and advance, we are left with many, many new products to tinker with.