February 14th, a day set aside for couples to declare their undying love brings about many things including marriage proposals, vow renewals and weddings. With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, there are many that have not been so lucky in love or even struck by cupid’s arrow, for that matter.
But, there are Web sites that boast a high success rate of making matches, so don’t lose heart (pun intended), you just may have your honey by this time next year.
Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match
1. What are common dating sites? Take match.com, for example; we see their commercials several times throughout the day. And, we’ve all heard the claim, “Match.com has led to more dates, relationships and marriages than any other site.”
The site also offers a guarantee that you’ll find that someone special in six months or you’ll get six additional months free. With a claim like that who wouldn’t want to throw caution to the wind and try it?
2. Ourtime.com is a popular dating site designated for singles over 50 years’ of age. The Web space is unparalleled in comparison to other sites, because its focal point is to help people seek meaning and joy in their relationships with singles who are older.
3. Commercials for zoosk.com tend to be comical in delivery. Zoosk, a romantic social network assists with helping members create and share their romantic journeys with millions of members, literally. The site provides members at various stages of their love life with a fun and social set of tools. These tools include the Personals application, Romantic Moments and Couple Profiles.
4. Chemistry was not a favored subject for many in school, but chemistry.com offers a different type of chemistry. How does chemistry.com work? First, chemistry.com is an offering under the match.com umbrella of services. With chemistry.com, you are given a test that more than 8,000,000 people have already taken. The test, which consists of probing questions will give insight about both you and your potential dates. Secondly, you’ll be introduced to potential matches by receiving free personalized matches. And, it’s up to your discretion whether or not you’d be interested in pursuing things further. Finally, you’ll get to know your matches online before you meet them face-to-face.
5. Another highly noted site is eHarmony.com, which proclaims that it delivers more than just dates. According to the company, their patented Compatibility Matching System narrows the field down from thousands of single men or women to match with a select group of singles.
Singles on eharmony also have been prescreened on 29 Dimensions of Compatibility, factors which the company believes are scientific predictors of long-term relationship success. And, in many cases the site offers a ‘Free Communication Weekend’. During this time you can communicate with your matches for free. Sounds pretty good, huh?
6. Those wishing to connect with others on a deeper level may prefer christianmingle.com. The intention of this site is to bring Christian singles together in one space. In a matter of minutes and by creating a profile, one can mingle with other members in their own area. A few of the interactive features include chat rooms, message boards, email and instant messenger. Christianmingle.com urges those on the dating scene to, “Find God’s match for you.”
7. OkCupid is another online dating site that is quickly growing in popularity. Why? According to the company, “It’s extremely accurate, as long as (a) you’re honest, and (b) you know what you want.” This math-based matching site also is completely free.
OkCupid maintains that most other matching sites are just glorified personals services, their “matching” systems can be overly subjective or nonexistent, even. The site also seeks to mention that it doesn’t allege to evaluate you perfectly, but it however, does claim to find someone who by their own self-admission can fulfill your specific requirements.
8. Last, but not least, we have farmersonly.com. This Web site caters 100 percent to the needs of farmers, ranchers and those who can identify with the country and rural lifestyle. Farmersonly.com was created because, “City folks just don’t get it!”
Think, Safety First
As with anything in life, learn as much as you can before meeting in person with someone you do not know because safety remains a top priority. Many of these dating sites even offer safety tips to keep you well-informed in this arena.
The Luxury of Being Choosy
Like the saying goes, “there is someone for everyone.” And, with these and other dating sites, this theory can prove true. Don’t worry, just keep your fingers crossed and in due time you may meet that special someone.