Your doctor may have advised you to lose weight for health reasons or you may want to trim the fat to look svelte like your favorite celebrity.
And, many have been spinning their wheels in order to maintain the ideal weight with little or no success. If this is you, you’ve found the right article to help you achieve your weight loss goals in four very distinct ways.
On the Losing Side
1. How fast do you think one can lose weight and keep it off? Research demonstrates that people who lose weight gradually and steadily, roughly one to two pounds per week, are more successful at keeping weight off, than those who do not. Yes, it’s true: Losing weight is about an ongoing lifestyle; one that involves long-term changes in everyday eating and exercise habits.
2. The secret to losing weight actually is quite simple; you must use up more calories than you consume. For example, since one pound is equivalent to 3,500 calories, you should try to lessen your caloric intake by 500 to 1,000 calories per day, to shed the suggested weight. The new, sleeker and trimmer you is just around the corner.
3. You can benefit from changing your perspective when it comes to weight loss, too. Know that losing those unwanted pounds is not easy, it takes dedication and lots of persistence. So, don’t be too hard on yourself if you find that you are having a difficult time sticking to your weight loss regimen.
4. An upside is that no matter what your weight loss goal is, even a minute weight loss, can equal significant health benefits. What benefits can I expect to see from losing weight? Well, you may see improvements in your blood cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugars, to name only a handful.
The above sounds good, but to reach your targeted weight you can:
• Drink plenty of water during the day;
• Remove foods (such as snacks that add empty calories to your diet) out of your house;
• By keeping a food journal, you can stay on track with food choices;
• Eat vegetables because they will help you feel fuller, longer;
• Never skip meals, because this can lead to binges;
• Stay busy with activities, so you won’t eat because of boredom.
Your Biggest Fan…You
Here are two givens in life: There are no quick fixes to solving problems and change is never easy, but you don’t have to go it alone, especially when it comes to weight loss. You may want to ask someone you know to help you reach your weight loss goals. Who knows, he or she may want to lose weight, as well. What does this mean? Not one, but two healthier people.